12 Jun Oral Appliance for Sleep Apnea: ProSomnus PH
Oral Appliance Therapy for Sleep Apnea: The ProSomnus PH
ProSomnus PH Oral Appliance Review
This appliance is a ProSomnus PH with P-H standing for Precision Herbst. The mechanism of how this appliance works is it has these little arms on the side that prevent that mandible from collapsing. Our oral appliances are all custom milled, so they fit real snug in the teeth and we can make them pretty small so the patients find them very comfortable.
We like the PH, especially for our Medicare patients, because Medicare has certain criteria that these appliances need to meet in order for them to be covered. So this patient has Medicare, and we are using this to help treat this obstructive sleep apnea. We have these arms on the side here, and the appliance can’t drift past a certain point. If we need to advance it, we adjust another here on the side and it moves it backwards so that the stopping point is further back.
- Oral appliance therapy is used to treat obstructive sleep apnea
- The ProSomnus PH oral appliance has arms that prevent the mandible from collapsing
- This oral appliance is custom milled to fit snugly in the teeth
- Medicare has certain criteria that oral appliances must meet in order to be covered.
Sleep apnea is a serious sleep disorder that can have life altering consequences if left untreated. Oral appliance therapy is an effective treatment option for sleep apnea, and the ProSomnus PH oral appliance is a top choice for qualified sleep apnea dentist like Dr. Jonathan Hale.
People who can benefit from Oral Appliance Therapy for Sleep Apnea:
- People diagnosed with Sleep Apnea
- Snore Sufferers
- CPAP intolerant
- Can be used with a CPAP to reduce CPAP pressure
- Claustrophobic CPAP users
How we get your Oral Appliance covered through Insurance
- Medical Insurance may require a prior authorization for coverage for a sleep appliance. This is a very important to consider before starting treatment.
- By working closely with your primary doctor, we are able to obtain the proper documentation for all required steps to get your appliance covered.
- Submitting your claim isn’t as easy as just filing it. We work behind the scenes from start to finish, even negotiating the best rate for your oral appliance for sleep apnea.
Get in touch with us to learn more about this modern sleep solution and how Fort Wayne Sleep Solutions can help you feel better, sleep better, and be better.